Alberto-sama, stay with me! Onegai, por favor!
Posted by Gemini on June 19, 2015
We’re back for one last patch, on the old blog for nostalgia’s sake.
To sum up what has been done in the last two weeks of work:
- Several hacks use C hooks for sanity’s sake
- Proportional fonts (aka Variable Width Font) improved and alpha blending rendering added
- Old fonts have been replaced with better faces
- Automatic line wraps for dialog
- Code for handling grammar with item pick ups
- Internal clock changed from military time to 12-hour clock
- Several compression methods to fit more text in tight spots (Huffman is the new one)
- Text encoding rewritten and enriched
- Various alignment and formatting hacks to the menu
- Memory Card format slightly altered to crunch in preview data
- Dialog has been extensively edited for best results
I can say for sure that the work is somewhere close to completion, where the last parts to add are expanded rooms with better string management, and graphics translated or de-Engrish’d. Hopefully this 6-7 year old ordeal is close to release.